On Your First Visit To Copenhagen? Don’t Miss These 7 Experiences!
Counted among the most-frequented cities in the world, Copenhagen has the ultimate Danish charm that you cannot afford to ignore. Regardless of whether you are here on your honeymoon or want to just explore the city on a backpacking trip with an extended group, the options are amazing. People have their own reasons to love Copenhagen, but in this post, we bring a list of things you cannot afford to miss if you are in the Danish capital.
- Experience the gastronomical experience. While Copenhagen has some of the best-rated fine dining restaurants, it’s also a city where street food rules. For the evenings, you can head straight to Paper Island, also called Papirøen, where you can try a bunch of food options from diverse cuisines. Steaks are an absolute must. If you are in mood to shop for local stuff, make time for Torvehallerne street food market.
- Don’t miss to Tivoli. Listed among the best theme parks in Europe, Tivoli is known for its incredible Rutschebanen Rollercoaster. You can easily count a day here, and there’s enough for adults and children. Just make sure that you have checked all the relevant details before arrival.
- Explore the Danish history. To be fair, Denmark has a bunch of castles, where you can feel a slice of the lost history, but Rosenborg Castle is right in Copenhagen, and you don’t have to travel further. You can check online to find more details on visiting hours and points of interest close by.
- Make time for Den Blå Planet. You cannot come to Copenhagen and not visit the Den Blå Planet – Also called The Blue Planet. This is among the best aquariums in the world, and if you are here with the kids, you can check some of the encouraging programs about marine life and related things.
- Stay at a hotel apartment. While hotels are not insanely expensive or out of budget in in this city, you are likely to have better privacy and more facilities at a Copenhagen hotel apartment for families. There are also big penthouses, which can be idea for groups that are on a budget and need better than plain hotel rooms.
- Take an organized boat tour. Waterways in Copenhagen are pretty famed, and you can easily opt for a tour. The best way is to go to Nyhavn harbour area. Check the inclusions of the boat tour before booking.
- Party at Blågårdsgade. If nightlife is all you are looking for, Blågårdsgade is where you need to be by the evening. Locals come here in large numbers, and yes, there are some amazing venues for live music. The food is equally good and it’s possible to party till the wee hours of the night.
Copenhagen has a unique charm that’s unlike any of the European cities, and we recommend that you book your stay and flights in advance to enjoy more in a budget. Don’t forget to check for the hotel apartments- best ones are located close to Østerbro.